Monday, April 8, 2013

Game of Thrones

I love Game of Thrones. I watched the first two seasons in a span of two days (the last scene of the last episode of season two in the dark with headphones cranked all the way up GAAAAH), and now I am watching the third season every week with my friendpals (First Wife, Wifey, The Boyfriend and Captain).

I love it.

I am also a huge poser of a nerd, because I have continuously failed to read the books. First, it was because they were recommended to me, and as has been mentioned before, I am a huge book snob. I don't NEED recommendations. I can pick my OWN awesome books, thank you very much. Snobby snob hobnob. Then, after getting hooked on the show, I found myself unable to really relish the first book because the show followed it so closely, reading it was redundant.

I still think I should read them, because George RR Martin is a remarkable writer and I do so love his words. But for now, I'm content just to watch the show and enjoy the rantings and ravings of my friends who HAVE read the books.

That's all I have to say. It's probably exactly what thousands of other people are thinking. In fact, a nearly identical blog is probably being written dozens of times over, elsewhere on the internet. But you stuck it out to read mine.

Thank you.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment