Friday, August 16, 2013

Princess Ysbail

In the writing world, I've had a great breakthrough (owed entirely to Wifey!), and I'm getting actual useful work done. I can't tell you how many times* I tried rewriting the beginning of Book 2 to no avail. But Wifey helped me settle it all, and there is a mighty 'HUZZAH' echoing in my brain today.

But art is still fun, and I'm on a roll!

So, may I present Princess Ysbail, crown princess of Hightower, bride of Prince Aden:


 The trees parted. A girl stepped out towards us, stopping Daniel's sword with an uninterested glance.

At first, I was certain that she was like me--a part of the Keeper's realm, though a much higher part of it than I. Dozens of white pearls shone like too-smooth stars in the black sky of her hair, which she bore in long plaits like Rhosyn's. A thin band of gold circled her head. She wore a silver-gray gown which was too beautiful to possibly be comfortable, but which perfectly reflected the color of her eyes.

For the rest, you'll have to read the book!

*I can, actually. Nine. Nine times.

No comments:

Post a Comment