Monday, June 17, 2013

Pestritto on Rye

Remember that last post I did? The day after it went up, my ninja agent offered me representation.

J Larkin, unpublished authoress extraordinaire, is now represented by agent Carrie Pestritto, of Prospect Agency.

This summer is now the summer of revisions! Carrie (whose last name makes me think 'excellent sandwich') has offered some awesome suggestions which I am incredibly excited about. She also suggested I make this 'blog' thing happen for real. So: back to that 'once a day' plan!

My elder sister, Sandi, fabric designer and craft magnate extraordinaire, is going to help me with my author portrait. I won't say any more until we have the picture ready, but trust me, it's going to be neat. Once that is taken care of, I'll send it and a brief J Larkin Bio over to Carrie, and I'll appear on Prospect's website.

I was, am, and will continue to be stupid excited about all of this. Begin Authoring: Phase II!

Again, for prosperity's sake, I feel the need to be completely honest: there is a surreal element to suddenly having people take me seriously. I hope it never fades. It still feels like a game, and considering the fact that I want to make a living by dressing up like a cabaret pirate and telling stories ripe with fantasy (with a slice of horror), I think it should always feel like that. Like I'm entertaining my friends with slightly saucy tales, and always ending with "Someday, someday."

I keep trying to find something with more meat to offer, but that's all I've got for now. My sincerest thanks to those who have supported me this far, a casual thumb-bite to those who haven't, and an open invitation to anyone else only vaguely involved: let's share a bit of an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment