Friday, July 26, 2013

Silly Freud!

So last night (technically, 6AM-Noon today) I had a dream, as sleepers are wont to do.

My dream was very vivid, but also very carefully edited to avoid drawn-out nonsense. Basically, the world was ending super hard, and everyone was going to die. Lawl! Classic!

Fortunately, I stumbled across a slightly shady guy who had a way off the planet, and off to a new colony planet. His ship thing only had room for about fifteen people, so I grabbed my favorite few people and then handed out flyers or whatever for the other spots.

The thing about this trip was: each passenger could take two suitcases. That was all. Two airline-sized suitcases in which to put everything you wanted to convey your life on earth--and also, like survive or whatever.

Well, no, survival wasn't that big of a deal. There were totally going to be snacks on the flight.

But for all that buildup, the crescendo (using the word 'climax' when describing the dream of a 25-year-old single woman just seems in bad taste) of this dream was the filling of the suitcases.

I immediately decided to fill mine with t-shirts and books. The real trial was in picking which ones.

Shakespeare has to come, of course, because his work never, ever gets stale, and the future needs Shakespeare!

Also, Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus, because, and I cannot stress this enough, I loved that book. I am now comparing all books I read to The Night Circus, and nothing has stacked up yet.

Avi's The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, because that was one of the first novels that I read and recognized as a fictional adventure and looooved. For similar reasons, Treasure Island and The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood also came along.

There were others, of course, but those were the ones I have a definite image of putting in my space-suitcase, surrounded by my favorite cartoon- and pun-related shirts. I also brought my corsets, made by Damsel in this Dress, because they are hella pretty and make me feel powerful and sort of belong to author-me. Pinstripe pants, too, but pants weren't very important in my thinking.

But, yeah. World's ending, everything's going down. Gotta pick my favorite t-shirts and books!!

Way to go, brain.

What would you guys bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment