Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed!

Hey, Internet! It's been a little over a month since we talked. How have you been?

I've driven across the country, dipping my toes briefly into Canada, and moved into a third-floor apartment that was not actually the one in the pictures the realtor provided. The power was shut off for the first week, we have a teeny tiny spider infestation, and the movers broke Wifey's table's legs and Jericho, my writing desk.

I sold my car before moving, so my getaway sticks are my main transport, until I have a job steady enough to justify purchasing a bike. I've landed a sink-or-swim opportunity at a martini/piano lounge downtown, which is my now second favorite place in this city.

My favorite place is the forest that's so big you can't hear any people sounds, if you sneak in deep enough.

Almost every day since we moved, there's been a new problem. A new challenge. A new place to visit. A few dozen conversations with interesting people I'll never meet again.

I love it here. I haven't chomped this hard on the bit of life in...ten years?

It's been a pretty great month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment