Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine for a Bearded Man

I composed this for my bearded man friend, for Valentine's Day. Then I took him (and Wifey) to a cemetery to lay out flowers. If you've ever wondered what it's like to be courted by an author...well, here you go.

Note: Formatting is weird. And hard. The version I printed out and crumpled in my bag before actually offering it had text and images working in tandem. I'm afraid you'll all have to settle for the text/image mashup below:

Valentine, I will build for you a Cabin in the Woods,
Where The Strangers cannot follow.
It will be The Shining respite that we need
Our own little Sleepy Hollow.
Don't be Afraid of the Dark, for I will be with you
Lying beneath the Silent Hill
Awaiting The Return of the lark.








No comments:

Post a Comment