Saturday, December 14, 2013

Avast!

Well, I have the day off from work, First Wife is making me breakfast, I'm wearing the pirate pajamas Wifey gave me, and I'm watching The Muppet's Treasure Island.

It must be my birthday.

I'm 26 years old, now! My 25th year was insane. I finished a book, signed with an agent, survived a round of publisher rejection, and moved out of my hobbit hole and into The Good Ship Looney with my best mates. This has been a year of new beginnings, bold adventure, and also some big, scary changes that are all for the best.

But the thing is, no matter how wonderful or 'for the best' changes are, they DO bring fear. There's comfort in the things we're accustomed to. So I'm hoping, with that in mind, that my 26th year is terrifying, in the best way possible. Though I suppose hope has little to do with it--the changes I've got my eye on are all about choice and action.

So, wish me luck, internet! I'm off on another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment